Southern Fried Fitness Recipes

Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan, Unfathomable Suffering

This is my first mention of the horrific tragedy that has fallen upon Japan; not due to callus disregard for human suffering but due to my own personal selfishness.  I am a very emotional person and in many areas of my life, my empathetic nature serves me and others;  however, in some situations my empathy leaves me vulnerable to experience a deep unshakeable pain.  Over the years I found myself putting up walls to keep out experiences that I felt were just too difficult for me to cope with; I caught myself doing that very thing with the Japanese crisis.  I spent most of today watching footage and forcing myself to acknowledge the devastation that they will now be adjusting to as normal.  The faces were full of pain, confusion and disbelief (as well they should be); occassionally the news brought stories of hope and rescue, children's laughter and reunions.

My dear Japanese friends, I am ashamed that I hid behind a cloak of detachment; I will pray, and think of you often and I send love to you from every direction I possibly can.  May your God bless and keep you.  This is a brilliant reminder that we are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

With Great Love and Hope,
Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment